Have you thought about progressing your career in the water industry? Water is an essential part of our everyday lives. At RSE, our employees play crucial roles in designing and delivering sustainable water and wastewater treatment solutions that address the need for drinking water and sanitation, improve people’s lives, protect the environment, and make a difference to the world. Through a process of design, creation and innovation, engineers at RSE produce solutions which are safe, sustainable, and cost-effective. RSE has enjoyed sustained and controlled growth. We now hold a prominent position as one of the leading MEICA providers in the UK water industry.
RSE is currently looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to work in our Inverness office. Your role will involve ensuring that all RSE group companies activities are carried out in accordance with all relevant Health and Safety legislation and that all persons affected either directly or indirectly are not subjected to avoidable risks.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in compliance with RSE’s Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental management systems
- Ensure that where appropriate, all requirements under the current CDM regulations are satisfied
- Provide assistance on all matters related to QHSE issues to departments and individuals within the RSE group companies as and when required under the day-to-day direction of the Health & Safety Manager
- Carry out QHSE inspections and/or audits both at the RSE group companies premises, and construction sites, as directed by the Health & Safety Manager to ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and that persons are not placed in a hazardous environment
- Complete relevant QHSE inspection and/or audit reports highlighting any issues/nonconformance and issue the report to the relevant Project Engineer/Project Manager/Site Manager and to the QHSE Managers and the Company Directors
- Assist and advise Engineers/Site Managers as appropriate with the preparation of Health & Safety risk assessment and any other documentation as required
- Produce COSHH assessments as required
- Communicate and liaise fully with all departments within the business
- Carry out staff training such as induction, face fit or awareness training as required
- Carry out Risk Assessments for employees as required
- NEBOSH general (Level 3) essential (or working towards)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Sound knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
- Experience in the application of Health & Safety practices
- Good knowledge and experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Full clean driving licence
What RSE Offers
You’ll receive a competitive salary and benefits package and any relevant training to equip you with the technical and commercial knowledge you’ll need to gain further experience and progress your career.
Please note, if you do not receive any correspondence within 4 weeks of your application, please be advised that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.