Muir of Ord
Have you thought about progressing your career in the water industry? Water is an essential part of our everyday lives. At RSE, our employees play crucial roles in designing and delivering sustainable water and wastewater treatment solutions that address the need for drinking water and sanitation, improve people’s lives, protect the environment, and make a difference to the world. Through a process of design, creation and innovation, engineers at RSE produce solutions which are safe, sustainable, and cost-effective. RSE has enjoyed sustained and controlled growth. We now hold a prominent position as one of the leading MEICA providers in the UK water industry.
RSE are currently recruiting for a Machinist/Turner to join our Muir of Ord facility. This is a full-time position of 40 hours per week.
Your role will involve manufacturing and repair of metal components i.e. gearboxes, hydraulic and rotating equipment as well as machine parts that need replacing or is obsolete for the equipment that has failed, re-assembling them to ensure they work, machinery and machine components using safe recognised work practices.
• Time served fully qualified machinist/turner to City & Guilds, MA or equivalent
• Proven experience within a machine shop in a fabrication/engineering environment
• Able to operate a range of conventional/manual machines, including, lathes, milling machines and borers
• Able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of cutting different materials, tool selection and speeds and feeds
• Able to demonstrate accurate use of hand-held measuring equipment, including, micrometres, verniers, bore gauges and plug gauges
• Accurately interprets engineering drawings
• Accurately reproduces components from engineering drawings and/or customer samples
• Demonstrates a clear understanding of the sequence of events required to machine a component from start to finish
• Capable of self-checking work and possessing high personal standards with respect to Quality, Health & Safety, Environment, and cleanliness
• Have good mathematical ability
• Have good manual dexterity
• Knowledge and Understanding Method Statement & Risk Assessment
What RSE Offers
You’ll receive a competitive salary and benefits package and any relevant training to equip you with the technical and commercial knowledge you’ll need to gain further experience and progress your career.
Please note, if you do not receive any correspondence within 4 weeks of your application, please be advised that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We are unable to accept applications from outside of the UK.