Who Are We?
RSE is the leading contractor of choice in the design, build &maintenance of water treatment & water recycling equipment. Delivering products and services to clients across the UK, our unique offering to the market focuses on innovation, efficiency, and excellence.
Established in 1982, RSE has grown into one of the most prominent specialist engineering businesses in the UK water industry. We have created an in-house full-service capability from project inception through to design, fabrication, and delivery by means of installation and commissioning. We additionally have one of the largest servicing and maintenance teams in the market space, to ensure we’re on hand for all our client needs.
We have created a service offering for our clients that presents innovative solutions to our industry and our dedicated staff plays a key role in delivering our business and sustainability goals. We have grown to over 1400 staff across our Group of companies, with a strategic ambition that will see the business continue to grow as we expand our operations and diversify our products. One of RSE’s key focuses is driving servant leadership, giving our people the opportunity and responsibility to take an entrepreneurial approach in their roles to further their careers.
What Are We Looking For?
Our Chemical Dosing division is looking for a Project Manager to join the team in Dalgety Bay. You’ll be responsible for the delivery of projects, or key elements within projects, and manage the performance of projects end-to-end. This will require supervision of operational sites and their delivery teams, including Project Engineers, Site Managers, Supervisors and Sub-Contractors.
Some of Your Key Duties in the Role Include:
- Project liaison from the enquiry stage to final acceptance and documentation. Meeting with clients to discuss specific requirements and carry out site surveys as required.
- Instructing, directing, controlling, and allocating work to Trade Operatives & Apprentices, with attention to quality, productivity and safety.
- Ensure all technical information is available when required for the delivery of design and/or construction.
- Management of Project Quality deliverables and procedures ensuring compliance with Internal and Client Quality Systems.
- Interpret and check drawings, specifications, and schedules for all activities. Directing works accordingly & preparing final documentation (As-Built Drawings etc.).
- Early identification and resolution of non-conformance within both the design and construction phase.
- Development of Tender, Design and Construction Programmes and management of these programmes throughout the Project Lifecycle.
- Responsibility for project Change Management – a clear understanding of the scope and early identification of a change to implement the contractual mechanisms of Early Warning and Compensation events for Extensions of Time or monetary claims.
- Financial Management of Projects including budget setting, Monthly forecasting, and Profit / Loss responsibility.
- Manage the design of systems and products, ensuring alignment with design specifications and technical aspects.
- Procurement of goods and services
- Subcontractor engagement, liaison, tender specification, quotation and H&S documentation review and appraisal.
- Preparation and Management of Construction Phase Health and Safety Plans for Projects with Principal Contractor responsibility under CDM.
- Preparation of estimates and quotations.
- Completion of contract documents.
- Production of risk assessments and method statements.
- Management of health, safety, and environmental issues.
What Do You Need?
- Qualification to degree / HND/ HNC level in Engineering or equivalent.
- Proven track record in Project Management, with an engineering or supervisory background.
- Knowledge of applicable Design Codes, Technical Standards, Regulations and Approved Codes of Practice.
- Good time management, with the ability to multitask, plan and organise day-to-day workloads within a busy environment.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Good communication skills in both verbal and written communication with an ability to follow, interpret and explain technical instructions.
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to all engineering trades, particularly Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Engineering.
- Be persuasive, encouraging and motivating and be able to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including senior management, clients, and other departments.
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to work with, lead and motivate others, and be able to bring projects to successful completion.
- Driven, with an ability to work individually and with teams under your direction.
- Innovative thinking, with an ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Water experience is highly advantageous but other specialist engineering industries will be considered.
- Electrical background is preferred but not essential.
- Experience working with the NEC suite of contracts.
What RSE Offer
To build successful teams and drive the level of quality that RSE is renowned for, we know we need the best people in the industry. Not only do we require the relevant skillsets, but we also need people with the right attitude and mentality to thrive and grow in such an innovative industry. At RSE, you’ll be given every opportunity to set the path of your own career through our Business Streams and work in an environment that will require you to rise to the challenge of working for a market leader.
- Market leading salary, negotiable depending on the level of experience
- Car Allowance
- A flexible career development path, with no restrictions on where your career can go
- Holiday Allowance of 31 days per year, rising to 33 days per year after 2 years’ service
- Company Pension Scheme
- Access to our network of health professionals, including Mental Health Champions and Occupational Health Nurse
In a flourishing sector where there are vast career opportunities available, we believe our niche offering to the market means our people have the space to thrive and innovate our industry.
If you’re interested in a career with a company that will harness your skills and provides you with the support to create your own future, then please apply. We’re excited to take you on the journey and continue to grow as the UK water industry’s contractor of choice.