RSE is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join our Muir of Ord office as part of our expanding pan-UK electrical engineering team.
Your role will involve: To provide input to all aspects of projects from scoping and design right through to implementation, ensuring compliance with client specifications and current regulatory standards. The post holder will be responsible for design deliverables, the procurement of goods and services, preparing work scope estimates/quotations and completing contract works information documents as required. The post holder will also produce risk assessment and method statements, and manage quality, environmental and health and safety matters on allocated projects.
- Comply with RSE’s Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental management systems
- Meet with Clients to discuss specific job requirements
- Carry out the planning and implementation of a project
- Carrying out site surveys to determine scope and design data
- Designing systems and products including development of Block Cable Diagrams, LV MCC/LCP specifications, Process Control System specification (PLC/SCADA), control philosophies
- Reading design specifications and technical drawings
- Researching suitable solutions and estimating costs and timescales
- AutoCAD Drawings, reading schematics & creating loop terminations
- Price electrical jobs
- Prepare final documentation (As-Built Drawings etc.)
- Cable calculations & lighting calculations
- Working as part of a multi-discipline design team
- Degree/HND/HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 10-15 years relevant Electrical Design experience in the Water Industry
- Knowledge of British and European design standards
- Knowledge of the application of industrial communication (Ethernet, Profibus etc) in designs
- Proven track record as an Engineer in both a design office and in construction
- Ability to follow/interpret/explain technical instructions
- Ability to provide technical mentoring and supervision of junior Electrical Engineers
- MSRA Training
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Cscs / Doms / manual handling would be preferred.
What RSE Offers
You’ll receive a competitive salary and benefits package and any relevant training to equip you with the technical and commercial knowledge you’ll need to gain further experience and progress your career.
Please note, if you do not receive any correspondence within 4 weeks of your application, please be advised that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.