RSE continues to increase its range of leading and innovative water and wastewater process solutions, having recently entered into a partnering agreement with the Dutch specialist wastewater treatment company, HydroThane.
The partnering agreement means that RSE’s focus on driving best value through delivering in-house Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) solutions for its clients, will now include globally proven high performance anaerobic treatment solutions.
HydroThane’s impressive range of anaerobic processes for treating both aqueous and solid waste streams, will successfully convert organic contaminants to renewable energy.
ECSB – A Proven Process To Turn Waste Streams Green With Energy
The leading technology in the collection of specialist biological treatment solutions, is the renowned External Circulation Sludge Bed (ECSB) process. In addition to ECSB technology, there is the Solid Waste Digestion (SWD) process and a number of proprietary ancillary processes, including desulphurisation and Hydrammox.
RSE’s Strategy and Sales Director, Mark Livingston, says HydroThane’s anaerobic processes will provide the UK municipal and industrial sectors with a long-term sustainable solution for managing organic waste streams.
Unique Features of the HydroThane External Circulation Sludge Bed (ECSB)
- Dual layer gas/biomass separator guaranteed to provide the highest possible granular biomass retention.
- All odours are controlled and fully integrated into the pressurised and closed biogas circuit, removing the need for odour control systems.
- No maintenance required inside the reactor.
- There are no complex internals or rotating equipment as mixing is controlled by means of an external circulation.
- Loading rates of the ECSB reactor are typically in the range of 15 – 35 kg COD/m3/day, producing a very small carbon footprint.